Hello. In this post we will discuss the PF withdrawal forms which are necessary for the withdrawal or transfer and the criteria for the same.
We will be discussing these forms in this post just click on the form below which you want to know about.
Before the process was too lengthy to withdraw the PF balance. However, now the employees who have their UAN linked with Aadhar, PAN, and provided with bank details and activated it, can withdraw by directly submitting to the regional EPFO office. Also, your KYC details should be verified by the employer using digital signatures.
PF withdrawal forms
Introduction of three new forms by EPFO. They are
- UAN form 19 – You can use this form to withdraw EPF amount at the time of leaving the job due to retirement, disablement, marriage or permanent settlement abroad provided that you are unemployed for at least 2 months.
- UAN form 10C – You can use this form to claim the EPS amount (Employee Pension scheme). More details are provided below.
- UAN form 31 – This form can be used for partial withdrawal of the PF amount. The details about partial withdrawal are mentioned below.
The details about the criteria for the applicability of these forms are as follows;
You can use this form for the withdrawal of PF amount. It can be used at the time of retirement or leaving his / her job.
In order to withdraw the PF amount, you need to satisfy two conditions. They are:
- The employee has to be unemployed for at least 2 months of time.
- If you are employed again in a new company, you can transfer the amount from the previous account to the current account.
In case, the employee wants to transfer the PF amount from the previous to the current account then you can use form 13.
As discussed above, you can use this form for Partial withdrawal of the amount from PF account. In order to withdraw the PF amount in advance the following purposes should serve:
- Withdrawal of amount is possible if you want to purchase Site / House / Flat or Construction.
- For the repayment of loans in special cases, you can withdraw the PF amount
- Withdrawal of PF amount to grant advances in special cases.
- You can take advances from the fund for medical conditions.
- For marriage or for post matriculation education of children advances can be taken from the PF account
- Also, you can give advances to the members who are physically handicapped.
- Withdrawal made one year before retirement.
- The detailed list for partial withdrawal can be found here.
Form 10C and Form 10D
You can use this form to claim the EPS amount (Employee Pension scheme). There are some conditions to use this form explained below.
- If an employee is below 50 years of age:
- If an employee has completed 10 years of service under one employer, then you can use Form 10C to get the scheme certificate from the pension fund. Unless you have attained the age of 58 years the amount cannot be withdrawn.
- Whenever the employee has not completed 10 years of service, then he / she can apply for the benefit of withdrawal or scheme certificate from the fund through form 10C.
- If an employee is between 50 to 58 years of age:
- If an employee has completed 10 years of service then he / she is eligible to get the scheme certificate from the pension fund. The employee can claim through Form 10C or reduced pension from Form 10D.
- In case, the employee has not completed 10 years of service, then he / she can apply for the benefit of withdrawal or scheme certificate from the fund through form 10C.
- If the employee is aged above 58 years:
- In case, an employee has completed 10 years of service then he / she is eligible to claim the pension through Form 10D
- If the employee has not completed 10 years of service, then he / she can claim withdrawal benefit from the pension fund through Form 10C.
These are the PF withdrawal forms used with respect to withdraw your PF amount.
A brief summary of PF withdrawal forms
|Form -19||Withdrawal of PF amount at the time of retirement or leaving the job|
|Form -13||Transfer of PF amount from the previous account to the current account|
|Form -31||Partial withdrawal of the PF amount|
|Form 10-C||Claim the EPS amount (Employee Pension Scheme)
|Form -10D||In order to claim the monthly pension amount
This ends our post on PF withdrawal forms. If you have any comments, please drop them in the comment section below.