In this post, we will see the Leave Policy definition in Saral PayPack Cloud.
To define leave policy, go to Master and select Leave Policy under Leaves & Holidays.
In the screen displayed, you can define one or multiple leave policies based on your company policies. To define a new policy, click on Add New Leave Policy.
Here, enter the name of the policy and select the leave register type. Once done, click on Create Leave Policy Master.
If you are maintaining the type of leaves along with the exact dates, then select leave register. If you are just maintaining the total number of leaves per month, then select a monthly register.
Now we can add leaves to this policy and do the settings.
To add leaves to the policy, click on Add Leaves against the required policy name.
Here, select the leave from the drop-down and click on Add.
Once it is added in the list, you can see Settings option next to it. Click on it and the detailed setting screen opens.
This is where you can make settings to the leave so as to suit the various needs and complexities of your organization.
Let us begin with the first tab which is Leave Behaviour.
- Here you can define restrictions on the minimum and the maximum number of leaves an employee can take at a time, for the month and even for the year.
- You can also set the number of days before which the employee has to apply leaves.
- The other options have to be enabled if you will allow employees to apply backdated leaves and if you will allow half days.
- Next, we have the option to enable or disable if one type of leave can be combined with others. Example: If EL can be combined with CL, we can enable it here.
- Next, we have to set what happens to an applied leave if there is no balance. Here we have two options. You can either consider it as LOP or you can take it based on priority settings. You can arrange the leaves based on the priority you want. Ex: If EL balance is zero, then the application will check the available balance of CL and then CO and allot the leaves accordingly.
- If all of the leaves have zero balance, then you can enable the option to consider the leaves as LOP.
The next tab is where we will be defining Encashment and Carryover and Lapse settings.
- If you want your employees to be able to encash any leave, then you have to enable this option.
- You can also define restrictions on the minimum and maximum numbers of leaves an employee can encash at a time, for the instance and even for the year.
- And if you want to round-off the available leave balance at the end of the year, then you can do it here. Please note that this option will be available even if leave encashment is not enabled.
- The next setting is for carrying over the leaves across months or years. Enable the Carry Over option if your company policy allows employees to carry forward their leaves. You can also set an upper limit and lower limit to the amount of leaves they can carry over.
- If carryover is not allowed or if you want to lapse the leaves periodically, then enable the Lapsed Unavailed On You can also set a limit on lapse the leave here at Lapse Exceeding.
- If you have a policy where you lapse negative leaves, then you can do that setting from here.
The third tab is where we can define the behaviour of any leaves when it is taken during or with any weekly or monthly offs.
- If it is applied on a weekly or general holiday, you can enable the settings here.
- It can also be taken as a prefix, suffix or in-between the holidays based on the settings done here.
The fourth tab is where we can do Auto-Allotment settings. If any leave is allotted periodically, then it is best to set it as auto-allotted leave.
- For this just enable Auto Leave Allotment Now you can see that other related options are also enabled.
- Now you have to select the periodicity, select allotment on actual, pay or present days. Next, select effective from the month and update the number of leaves.
- Once done, the leaves will be automatically allocated periodically as it is set here.
The last tab and the last part of the settings are that of Allot and Availsettings. In here, you can set from when leave will be allotted to the employee and from when they can start availing them.
- The allotment can be from joining date, confirmation date or probation date. Or you can also define like 6 months from joining date.
- One important point to note for this setting is that it will only work if the joining or confirmation or probation date is entered in the employee details.
Once, all the settings are complete, click on Update.
These are the steps you need to take if you want to individually define policy for each policy. If you want the same settings to be applicable to all the leaves (or policies), then in the leave policy screen, you have an option of Default Settings in the top left.
Here you can define
- Leave behaviour
- Holiday and weekly off
- Auto allotment and
- Allot/Avail settings
So that it will be generally applicable.
Finally, this completes the leave policy definition in Saral PayPack Cloud.