Hello, in this post we will discuss the process of Salary head creation in Saral PayPack Cloud.
Let us get started with creating different salary heads. Go to Master and select Salary Heads.
In this screen, you can view a list of earnings and deductions, once defined. As shown in the below image, the head Basic is already defined. You can edit this as per your requirement.
Note: Basic, Normal OT, Special OT are default Earnings heads defined.
PF, PF Vol., ESI, PT, and TDS are already been created by default.
In order to define other earning heads, click on Add New Salary Head in the top right of the screen.
Here, enter the head name and the short name and select whether the head should be an earning or a deduction.
- If you want to define head for just calculation purposes and not show it in payslip, then enable the open component option.
- Also, if you want to have a head for calculating based on a unit rate, for example, production or marketing target achieved, then enable the “Calculative Field” option.
- If you want to consider this head for gratuity provisions, then enable it here.
- The same goes if you want to consider this head for leave encashment calculation, then enable it here
Once you are done with the selections, click on Create Salary Head and the head will be created.
Similarly, deduction heads can also be added. Please note that if the head is selected as a deduction, then the option for gratuity and leave encashment are disabled.
Come back to the salary heads screen and see that the heads defined can be seen here in either earning or deduction based on the selection made.
If we want to edit the details, then click on the edit option given against the particular head. Do the required changes and save.
If there are multiple heads and you would like to define them in bulk, then you can see an option on the left-hand side as Generate Sample Template. Click on this and an excel template will be downloaded on to your system.
There are some instructions here but two important points to note here are:
- Fields shown in grey are mandatory and those shown in light blue are optional.
- To enable or disable an option, you have to mention Yes or No
For example, we have entered a few earning heads as shown in the below image for which all the mandatory fields are entered. For these, it is mentioned Yes in the earning column and No in deduction column. We can see the opposite for deduction heads.
In case, any head is to be made as calculative field or be eligible for leave encashment, the relevant columns have to be marked as Yes.
Once you enter all the data in excel, save it and come back to the application. Again on the left-hand side, click on the option Excel Template Upload.
Here, choose the excel file which you have saved and click on Upload File.
Once uploaded, all the heads can be seen under the Salary Head Screen. This completes with Salary head creation in Saral PayPack Cloud.