EPFO has extended the deadline for mandatory linking of Aadhaar with Universal Account Number (UAN) for establishments in North East and certain other class of establishments till December 31, 2021.
Universal Account Number (UAN) is a 12-digit unique and important number for EPFO members. It is a flagship system introduced by the Employee Provident Fund Organization (EPFO) to the employees. Two EPF members can’t have the same UAN. With the help of the UAN number, you can easily transfer and withdraw the money.
The Universal Account Number (UAN) remains the same even with the change of the job through his/her Member ID or EPF Account numbers change. The main aim of introducing UAN in EPFO is to capture KYC details of the members in order to eliminate the dependency on the employers. The KYC details which tagged with the Universal Account Number instead of Member ID thereby eliminating redundancy.
Benefits of Universal Account Number (UAN) activation :
- Employees can download EPF Passbook through online UAN portal by providing UAN number.
- You can check the EPF balance through a missed call and SMS.
- You can change and update the KYC details provided. It will help you for the online verification.
- Activation of UAN makes an employee eligible for the online services by EPFO and access the dashboard of the UAN portal.
- Stress-free and hassle-free PF withdrawal.
Image made with the help of icons from www.pixabay.com